Sunday, March 27, 2011

Simple notebooks by Alice

Hello all! Alice here. I like to have a little notebook/sketch book handy so that I can write down ideas or challenge information. I am at the end of my current one, so I decided to make new ones using the soon to be released digital images. The original sketchbook version is from Kristina Werner, I modified it a little to make it pocket sized. Here is a look at the finished project with the lovely Prima Ballerina Nora:

Isn't she adorable? =)
It is really easy to make. Here is how I made it:




You will need:
- A piece of heavy weight cardstock that measures 7 1/2" x 5" (I used PTI's kraft cardstock) for the cover with the desired image(s) stamped/printed and colored. 
- A few sheets of plain printer paper that measure 7 1/4" x 4 7/8"(I used 6 sheets) for the inside pages.
- Bone folder
- Long reach stapler
- Scoring tool
- Corner rounder (optional)
- Craft knife
- Ruler (not shown)




First, score the cover piece at 3 3/4". 




I scored on the wrong side of my kraft cardstock.




Fold at the score line then round the corners if you wish to. I used the adorable, soon to be released Ben Playing Guitar for this one. Set the cover aside for now.




Gather your inside pages.




Fold all the inside pages in half. This is easier if you fold them individually then stack them together.




After you stack the pages together, you will find that the right edges of the sheets are not even, so I cut them off by using a ruler and a craft knife. Although it shows my plastic ruler here, I found that it was easier to use a metal ruler and please be careful when you do this.




After making the right side even, I rounded the corners.




Insert the pages inside the cover. The inside pages should be slightly smaller than the cover.




Use a long reach stapler to secure all the pages together. I stapled mine about 1/2" away from the top and bottom edges.





And here you have it!! Easy Peasy! =)


Here is another look. They measure 3 3/4" x 5." Both Prima Ballerina Nora and Ben Playing Guitar will be available as digital stamps (along with a few others) starting April 1st at the Whiff of Joy Store!

Hope you will give this a try! =)

Thanks for stopping by!

hugs,
alice

14 comments :

  1. This is really cute, and someting I just must try out!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya sweetie
    these note books are so cute
    thanks for the tutorial hunni
    have a great sunday
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo cute:)
    Have a nice day!
    Hugs Tesa

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est trop sympa ce modèle de carte! Et j'aime beaucoup les petits personnages! bises. Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable images. Cute little note pad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am new to your blog, and I love it, thanks so much for the tutorial, awesome, awesome, awesome, but I have a little question for you... how did you colored the digital image? I mean what materials did you used? thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, nice to hear that you're making some really nice ground. I enjoy reading what you write. “Nice share” for me is letting you know that i did enjoy it. I am a religious reader for the subject these days and getting help from experts like you.
    Plastic Card Holders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. I'm going to keep that in mind.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...